Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green Glitter

The green glitter looks great with the purple banners.

I am amazed that how similar but then how different things look in the smaller sketch form than they do in actual size in the real material. Last week I kept thinking that the big Gate banner looked too short, but once it was up on the wall it looked fine. Now, after painting a couple of these small vine banners I think they look like beanstalks rather than vines, but I am sure they will look fine when on the wall, too.

2 comments:

  1. Beanstalk or vine, I think this is a gorgeous surface design! I love it running down the length of the vertical banners. I also think the incorporation of colored glitter is very effective. Please continue to think this way because we have lots of colored paint and glitter!
    On another note, people are not feeling a sense of urgency to help on our Easter work nights. Despite reminder emails, we had no one show up to help last night and only two people tonight. It takes a long time to weave the ribbons it the banners. We have so many left to do and I was hoping to be on to the veil by now. We may need to simplify the RESURRECTION concept. If we do not get people to help it will not happen. There is just too much to do. I wonder if we really need the hanging words at all. Perhaps the spectacular triangle of banners is enough?

    Steve

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to meet as our group again with Joe and Rick and make sure we all understand what is needed for all aspects of this Lent/Easter project. There is a lot going on and I agree we need to recruit more help and make sure there is a sense of urgency to get the work done.

    ReplyDelete